Saturday, December 1, 2007

more lies from the anti-war press

why is this family smiling and waving at the camera? um...could it be because they're not dead, after all?

iraqi journalist Dia al-Kawwaz claimed that they were murdered in a killing spree in his Baghdad home:
"Four gunmen entered my family house in Shab area. Two of my sisters, their husbands and seven children between five and 10 years old were killed yesterday (Sunday) morning," Kawwaz told AFP on Monday by telephone from Amman.
days later, after a little bit of scrutiny...Kawwaz changes his tune:
"I am sorry if this information was not true from the beginning, but I was misled by trustworthy sources from my family," Kawazz said in a phone interview. He published a new account of the story on his Web site that blames Sadiq for misleading him and alleges that Sadiq had a hand in his other brother-in-law's death. "I accuse the Maliki government of conspiracy for misleading me through members of my family," he said.
why would he lie about this?
Kawazz, who's lived outside Iraq for 20 years, runs a Web site that's critical of what he calls the Iranian and American "occupations"...
Reporters Without Borders initially condemned the killings, now they're "shocked" to learn the truth.

No comments: